We're looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to help us improve the financial literacy, and wellbeing, of the world’s population – all 8bn of us!
By combining data and behavioral psychology, our technology empowers users with personalised financial knowledge and skills.
We’re a fast paced, and even faster growing, SaaS FinTech providing financial education to employees, customers and communities across +100 countries.
This is a unique opportunity to make the world a better place, develop your skills, interests and experiences and have a lot of fun along the way!
We are a dynamic, fast growing business with employees and freelancers in over 15 countries, including the UK and US. We are driven by innovation and focused on delivering exceptional results to our clients and users. As the leader in our industry, we understand the importance of data security and privacy. To further strengthen our security posture and reduce our attack surface, we are seeking a detail-oriented Cyber Security Analyst to join our team.
nudge is fast moving, which means that sometimes our roles can be pretty-varied. However, some of the core parts of the role will be:
- Technical analysis of alerts and data from security products including (but not limited to) SIEMs, Intrusion detection and prevention systems, endpoint security solutions, web proxies and network security devices, and vulnerability scanning and management systems
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of network and system security defence to detect and respond to cyber-attacks
- Taking on a wide variety of security operations tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Owning project deliverables and completing these on time and within budget
- Supporting the Senior Management Team through the design and scoping of complex and bespoke engagements, identifying the dependencies and critical paths
- Support technical development (e.g. through service development or research) and contribute to company technical processes overall
- Maintain relevant professional certifications and contribute to industry bodies as appropriate
- Proficiency in writing technical documentation, helping to present complex information in a concise and coherent manner
- Recording and updating processing activities as required
- Producing data maps to illustrate the flow of personal data
- Conducting vulnerability assessments to continuously monitor our attack surface
- Creating and sending out assessments to business owners and third-party vendors
- Working closely with the Development Team to manage the security implications of the SDLC
- Supporting Cross-Departmental Teams with security guidance and assessments
Skills and experience
We’re a close-knit family so a willing, friendly and collaborative personality is really important to us. And we’re exceptionally nimble and things move fast so we really value ‘athletic’ minds and a “let’s give it a go” attitude.
For this role we’re also looking for the following skills and experience:
- In-depth understanding of security and analytical concepts
- Experience with incident response and incident management methodologies
- Exposure to IT security operations in a large or complex organisation
- In-depth experience or understanding of IT security tools and controls including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus, and WAF (preferred)
- A strong technical understanding of contemporary ICT technologies achieved through real-world experience (experience in system administration, network administration and/or software development all regarded highly)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Process mindset, able to easily follow and understand complex processes
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an efficient and effective manner
- Negotiation/influencing skills
What we offer
At nudge we put people first. Our values are “friends through thick and thin”, “embracing differences, supporting individuals”, “leading and sharing” and “always learning”.
We have an open, friendly and supportive work environment that we hope you’ll be proud of. And we’re growing fast which means great opportunities for you and your people to gain broad and diverse experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Share options
- A competitive salary
- A personal learning and development allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- A company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Critical illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance cover
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- A flexible working environment
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your career rapidly through exposure to all company areas
We’re committed to creating a culture which gives our employees a sense of belonging. This is also reflected in our values as we’re learning and growing through embracing differences and supporting individuals.
If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV via the form below.
Any questions, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org