At nudge, we’re boosting our users’ financial wellbeing and in doing so, helping people, businesses and communities thrive.
Money is really complicated and getting worse which is causing hardship, hassle and lost opportunity. This makes financial wellbeing more important than ever.
Our technology provides our users with personalised and unbiased financial education across 48 countries. We have a stellar client base including PayPal, Facebook, Boeing, Virgin, IBM, British Gas, Samsung, Investec, Clifford Chance, Selfridges and BlackRock.
With timely prompts (nudges), a financial social feed and interactive tools, we help people take action, take control and drive lifelong change.
We think everyone in the world deserves nudge. Find out more about us here.
We are seeking a highly ambitious Finance Director to join the team to fulfil our mission of creating bright financial futures for everyone, everywhere.
This is an exciting time as we scale up and expand across the global following the recent financing by growth equity firm, Kennet Partners.
As a Finance Director, you will support the Managing Director and board of directors during a period of ambitious global growth including inevitable equity transactions.
You will be an experienced FD who has had leadership responsibilities beyond finance (such as HR) within a high-growth business with an enterprise customer base. Having experience working in a high growth SaaS organisations and businesses that have been through funding rounds would also be an advantage.
Our office is based in London’s Victoria but we support flexible working so we would welcome conversations on arrangement that works for you.
This will be a varied and dynamic role and will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Be a key member of the senior leadership team, contributing to the strategy and direction of the business.
- Be responsible for all financial operations including management accounting, UK and international financial operations, Tax, Budgeting, Treasury, overseeing legal & employment matters, and the management of equity incentives and payroll.
- Support global expansions including setting up offices in new locations, liaising with legal counsel to ensure best practice company structure and managing FX risk.
- Take a lead role in structuring the organisation internationally in the most capital investment and tax efficient way possible.
- Play a hands-on role running financial operations, able to help ensure appropriate investment and delivery against a multi-million dollar technology development plan.
- Manage key external relationships including investors, landlord, bank, accountant and legal counsel.
Skills and experience
We’re a close-knit family so a willing, friendly and collaborative personality is really important to us. And we’re exceptionally nimble and things move fast so we really value ‘athletic’ minds and a “let’s give it a go” attitude.
For this role we’re also looking for the following skills and experience:
- An accomplished leader with experience building and managing a team with a passion for people development.
- The ability to be a genuine partner to the MD, helping to define strategic direction, formulate pricing and lead commercial negotiations with potential customers.
- Global experience of cross border transactions, tax and managing FX risk.
- An experienced qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) who has ideally worked in a SaaS environment.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer
At nudge we put people first. Our values are “friends through thick and thin”, “embracing differences, supporting individuals”, “leading and sharing” and “always learning”.
We have an open, friendly and supportive work environment that we hope you’ll be proud of. And we’re growing fast which means great opportunities for you and your people to gain broad and diverse experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
We offer a very competitive reward and benefits package, which includes:
- Share options
- A competitive financial package
- A personal learning and development allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- A company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Critical illness cover
- Health care cash plan
- Free onsite gym
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- A flexible working environment
If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and cover note through the green form below.
Any questions, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org