In today’s complex financial world, ignorance isn’t bliss. For many, it’s hardship, hassle, and lost opportunity.
But we believe change is possible. And we’re going to lead it. Because when people are in control of their money, they’re in control of their lives.
nudge is the global financial education platform that demystifies money management for all.
Drawing on behavioral psychology and data, our platform offers personalized, engaging financial knowledge and skills to educate and delight.
We have a stellar client base including PayPal, Facebook, Boeing, Virgin, IBM, British Gas, Samsung, Investec, Clifford Chance, Selfridges and BlackRock.
And nudge is now live in over 100 countries! Find out more about us here.
After successfully closing its series A round and expanding the Finance team to include a highly experienced CFO and a dynamic Finance Manager, we are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to the team. This role is a rare opportunity to join a best-in-class start-up finance function, with plenty of opportunity to contribute across different areas both internally and with external stakeholders.
The position would ideally suit someone studying towards a professional qualification of some kind (ACCA or CIMA), who is excited by the idea of working for a rapidly scaling SAAS start up.
The role will report into the Finance Manager, will work closely with our Credit Controller and have exposure to the CFO and senior management team.
This will be a varied and dynamic role and will involve the following key responsibilities where you will:
- Assist on monthly accounting close and reporting, with the opportunity to own these processes, continuously improving and adapting as the business grows
- Assist with preparation of monthly Management Accounts and board reports
- Raise invoices and develop customer finance relationships
- Assist with purchase ledger, accounts payable and company expenses processes and related cash management
- Assist during preparation of forecasts/ budgets
- Assist with audit requests during the audit process
- Assist with preparation of Financial KPIs for monthly Board meetings
- Develop an understanding of the key drivers of the business
- Continued development and preparation of suitable monthly reporting
- Answering queries and development of a relationship with key stakeholders
- Get involved in ad hoc central team tasks
Skills and experience
We’re looking for someone with 2+ years of project management experience who is passionate about delivering a best-in-class service to the clients they work with. nudge is growing at speed so you’ll embrace fast-moving and constantly evolving environments. If some or all of the qualities below resonate with you then we would love to hear from you.
- You have 1-3 years of accounting and/or finance experience. This could be at a previous start up or scale-up or professional services firm or in industry.
- You are studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- You have advanced Excel skills and experience with large data sets
- You relish a challenge and making things better and you use your own initiative to get things done
- You have attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral, and confidence with dealing with people at all levels of an organisation
- You have strong organisational skills and a proven ability of working to project deadlines
- You might have experience using Xero, but it’s not a necessity
What we offer
At nudge we put people first. Our values are “friends through thick and thin”, “embracing differences, supporting individuals”, “leading and sharing” and “always learning”.
We have an open, friendly and supportive work environment that we hope you’ll be proud of. And we’re growing fast which means great opportunities for you and your people to gain broad and diverse experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Share options
- A competitive salary
- Financial education
- A personal learning and development allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- A company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Critical illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance cover
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- A flexible working environment
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your career rapidly through exposure to all company areas
We’re committed to creating a culture which gives our employees a sense of belonging. This is also reflected in our values as we’re learning and growing through embracing differences and supporting individuals.
If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and cover note via the form below.
Any questions, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org