Nudge Global’s proprietary technology is built on an algorithm which combines:
- The aggregation of data, personalised content and statistics.
- An overlay of topical and timely news triggers.
- The use of behavioural psychology (Nudge Theory).
…to make money simpler.
Personalised Money Feed
The algorithm provides each member of the Nudge Global Community with a personalised money feed which is available on any device (mobile, tablet, desktop).
The feed is made up of a number of event triggered posts each of which summarises the trigger, important content and a link to suggested action.
The underpin of data means that each user’s feed is personalised to their demographics and interests.
For example, if you’ve not got Children, you’re not learning about Childcare Vouchers. If you’re interested in getting on the housing ladder, you’ll be learning about mortgage updates, legislative updates such as LISA and changing interest rates.
When something particularly noteworthy happens, users will also receive a ‘nudge’ which is a nugget of Financial Education explaining what has changed, the impact and required actions.
A typical employee can expect about 10 ‘nudges’ a year which are delivered how and when the employee chooses (work email, personal email, SMS or WhatsApp).
Typical ‘nudges’ include:
- Moved home – what now happens to your pension.
- Personalised summary of the Government’s Autumn Budget.
- Impact on your take-home pay after a pay rise.
Dreams & Goals
Financial Wellness isn’t only achieved through the in the moment posts and ‘nudges’ – it’s also about helping users identify, plan for and achieve their Dreams & Goals.
Nudge provides support on 24 Dreams & Goals including ‘Getting on the Housing Ladder’, ‘Planning a Holiday’, ‘Having a Family’, ‘Paying off debt’ and ‘Sending Money Home’.
For each Dream & Goal, a workflow shows individual users:
- Personalised benchmarks (e.g. how much do people like you spend on a holiday).
- Peer driven learning – the tips and tricks people like you have benefitted from.
- Personalised actions according to your age and or salary.
- How their employer can help through the other employee benefits available.
The Role of the Employer in Financial Wellness
As an employer, you are in a unique position to support your people’s relationship with money and ultimate Financial Wellness.
- An employer will usually be providing the lion share of an employee’s financial provision.
- An employer knows a lot about their people (age, salary, dependants etc) so is able to provide personalised support.
- Employees tend to trust their employers in a way that they don’t trust other companies.
- The direct and indirect costs of poor Financial Health is costly for employers.
The provision of Financial Education in the workplace is encouraged by the Government with the 2016 Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR) confirming:
- £500 of Financial Advice / Education can be provided without attracting a tax charge for employees.
- That employers can provide Financial Education without being subject to regulation.
- There is a need to improve the incentives for employers to support their employees’ financial health
Money touches every part of our lives and Nudgenomics is the mechanism we use to track how money is impacting our Client’s people.
Providing a detailed and benchmarked analysis of how different employee groups engage with their money, Nudgenomics provides Nudge Global’s Clients with unique insight into their people’s needs and Dreams & Goals.
In addition, our ‘All Client Nudgenomics’ provides an aggregated view across our Client base and helps us continuously refine our ‘nudge’ campaigns in terms of timing and styling.