We are seeking a Personal Finance Senior Writer to be based in the US to join us as a freelance contractor to help fulfil our mission of creating brighter financial futures for everyone, everywhere.
The nudge platform delivers the right content to our users at the right time, so our users can make the best decisions and improve their financial wellbeing.
You will be our personal finance oracle and lead our content creation across the US. We cover subjects ranging from everyday finances and budgeting to buying a home and inheritance tax. Anything that impacts the money in people's pockets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Writer who is looking to expand their role beyond writing and join a dynamic SaaS business experiencing exponential global growth.
This is an exciting time to join the Content Team as we rapidly scale up from working across the UK, Ireland and Spain to a completely global offering. As a team and a business, we are growing rapidly and there are excellent progression opportunities. This would be our first hire in the US however we will be opening an office in New York so you will be part of the US team, wherever you are based!
Our office is based in London in the United Kingdom and this role would report into the Content Director so some flexibility on time differences is appreciated.
The ideal candidate should:
- An expert in personal finance with a history of creating content that demystifies and explains complex financial matters in a digestible way
- Be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills, rigorous attention to detail and accuracy, as well as an understanding of different audiences
- Have a track record of creating compelling content from idea to execution
- Want to work with a growing scale-up and can flourish in a fast-moving innovative environment
- Have experience using a content management system (CMS)
- Be our personal finance expert in the US, understanding the marketplace and asking / answering questions everyday people have around money
- Lead the creation of emails 'nudges', building evergreen and timely articles, crafting stories and daily social media-style posts
- Ensure content remains relevant, timely and accurate by updating articles alongside changing legislation
- Pitch ideas for relevant personal finance content (both timely and evergreen)
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as uploading new content to the CMS
At nudge, we’re boosting our users’ financial wellbeing and in doing so, helping people, businesses and communities thrive.
Money is really complicated and getting worse which is causing hardship, hassle and lost opportunity. This makes financial wellbeing more important than ever.
Our technology provides our users with personalised and unbiased financial education across 48 countries. We have a stellar client base including PayPal, Facebook, Boeing, Virgin, IBM, British Gas, Samsung, Investec, Clifford Chance, Selfridges and BlackRock.
With timely prompts (nudges), a financial social feed and interactive tools, we help people take action, take control and drive lifelong change.
Our values are “friends through thick and thin”, “embracing differences, supporting individuals”, “leading and sharing” and “always learning”.
We have an open, friendly and supportive work environment that we hope you’ll be proud of. And we’re growing fast which means great opportunities for you and your people to gain broad and diverse experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
We think everyone in the world deserves nudge. Find out more about us here.
If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and cover note through the green form below.
Any questions, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org